NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do some kayak fishing with my girlfriend around Southport this weekend. I've found a couple creeks where I think I can get away from at least some of the traffic, and I'll be on the water before sunrise to improve my chances as well. Low tide will be around 6 AM. She's really wanting some flounder, and I'm hoping to go for my first top water drum. I was thinking since we were starting at low tide that I would try the mouth of the creek on the ICW, and then work our way in from there hitting any points, docks, and exposed oyster beds as we pass them. She is a beginner, and I haven't fished a lot for reds before. I'm thinking of having Carolina rigged live mullet trolling behind us as we drift in and casting "3 gulp shrimp on a jighead and MR17s for deeper water. For top water, I was thinking about getting a skitterwalk and a spook jr. Any other tips for locating fish that may be helpful or any tips on finding slopes that may house fish without a depth finder? I'll post pics on Tuesday when I get back home of what we catch.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.