NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing has got to be bad when I report on a croaker catch. Any way, this morning I walked over to my neighbor's pier, sat in a porch swing catching croakers and watching Cap'n Rick ferry a fresh load of dingbatters to Portsmouth Island on the Donza Lee. Croaker catch was interrupted by a school of jumping mullet swimming by, grabbed always ready cast net and caught eight 12" mullet. I'm going to bait my crab pot with the croakers and eat the mullet. Since I was on a roll I waded out into Core Sound and raked two dozen medium clams. Now it seems I have messed up a perfectly simple day. What to have for supper, fried mullet, crabs, or clam fettuccine? Sometimes life can surely get complicated down here around the Outer Banks and Core Sound.:confused:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!:confused: --- I finely went with Clam Fettuccine, reason being, I need to get a break in this steady diet of fried fresh fish. I fear if it continues much longer without a break I may come down with the gout or something.:D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Broiled trout stuffed with soft shell crab, Bluefish salad, grilled spanish, are we going to have to send recipies or are you opposed to such hard choices??? I think we are going to have to fire up the recipie forum. Small problem I never have measured anything or written down a recipie for that matter. I don't make a habit of cooking for large crowds and 99.44% of the time I can eat my mistakes. LOL Some of the best food you will ever eat will be the result of playing it by ear. (also some of the worst) Probably the best omlet I ever ate was one I made with leftover boiled shrimp. I had caught them in a castnet and had a few leftover from supper the night before. I stuffed them in a buttery cheese omlet and I never tasted better. There's something about butter, shrimp and cheese that makes you want to keep eating til ya can't! A little egg or toasted garlic bread and you won't stop till you pop! If you and the wife like jalapeno peppers and tortilla chips try some shrimp nachos. The point is there's nothing wrong with fried . I just wouldn't let them put " He ate fried til he died" on my tombstone. ;) AL

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Al--- Maybe we should quit messing with this fishing and open a restaurant. Sounds like your method of food preparation is similar to mine. LOL I never measure anything I just "put some". My recipe tonight called for 2 cloves garlic, heck, I just chopped the whole head up. I've heard garlic is a good insect repellant. After all the recent rains here, I'm expecting some vampire bat size mosquitoes down here and need all the help I can get.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.