NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday and Sunday, September 17,18, 2005

Hey folks, Sorry for the delay in reports, but between strong NE winds and a very stubborn Hurricane named Ophelia, I haven't been on the water much. However, this past weekend the winds laid down and I hit the water with some friends to find the fish hungry and willing to bite.

Saturday, I fished with my friend Capt. Matt Wirt of Reel Adventure Charters. Matt just bought a new flats boat and asked me to go out with him and show him some spots in the skinny water. Though we spent a lot of time just riding around scouting and doing some reconnaissance, we did manage to find a few fish. I caught a nice Speckled Trout which was good to see and a bunch of Croakers. Matt managed to catch a little Redfish which was the first on his new boat. Congratulation Matt on the new boat

Sunday, Me and my friend Rob went out searching some new water that we had never fished before, and man did it pay off. It took a little while to locate some fish, but once the tide started to fall, the fish got hungry. I struck first with this nice Redfish and Rob quickly followed up with another smaller fish.

Then Rob caught two more fish in a row and I quickly switched to the same bait he was using and started catching again.

When the bite slacked off on the artificials, we switched tactics to some live bait and started catching fish again.

The storms are gone for now and the fishing continues to be hot. The fishing will continue to be good hopefully right into December or later. I have some of good dates available for the fall, so give me a call and let's go fishing.

Tight Lines to all!!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Great report Brent and nice photos. I had some luck with the Drum this weekend too. I think the sight feeders will start biting this week too. With the temps cooling a bit and some fair weather due our way - should be great fishing this week end.

Welcome to the web site!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.