NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the Currituck Sound. North winds blows water out off sound. Immediately ran aground. Clogged up the water jets in the lower unit. Curses, outboard not peeing. I shut down the motor, lifted it out of the water and proceeded to clean out jets with pipe cleaner. One hour later had the motor circulating again, fished for about an hour, (13 yr. old son lost interest with motor trouble). Headed in with no fish.
I had not been on the water in a month, due to wifes surgery, felt good just being out there. Tried out my new rod and reel, (Abu Garcia 6500 c4 on Allstar Coastal rod), I like it just wish a trout would have found my Gulp.

Mabe next time.:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a new ramp on the left just before the bridge. It is behind the new soccer fields. Very nice ramp, shallow with north winds. Big parking lot, lights, never crowded.
I was told there are trout and stripers, (schoolies), around the bridge. I'll get 'em next time.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Got hung up once here in the river and had 2 close calls... It goes with the territory I suppose!!!..LOL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.