NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to a house on the Currituck Sound. It has been many years since I fished, but, I want to get back at it. I have heard we can catch catfish, bass, maybe perch? We have a pier that juts out into the Sound about 50-60 ft or so. I would like to fish from there. I would appreciate any advice on type of rod, line, bait, techniques, etc to use. Also, we have some old cane poles that were left at the house. Can i use those for anything? I have 4 crab pots also that I plan to throw in the water. I assume I can put those in right off the pier?

Thanks to all in advance for any advice or tips.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome to the site Hughmin. Looking foward to your reports.

>>We have a pier that juts out into the Currituck Sound about 50-60 ft or so.

That looks to be some salty or brackish water. I would think that you would be able to get drum or flounder off that pier close to the pilings. I'm sure others would have better ideas of what else your going to catch off your pier.

Tim C

·
Registered
80 Posts
HI TIM i in powells point but dont know this end of the sound very well but i can show you some really good fish on the north end of the sound and around the knotts island sideiv been doing really goodon that end i know you can catch alot of fish around the big bridge trollin buck tails an usin live large minnow on a carolina rig around the pilings this is brackish watr you never know what you got untill you get it to the boat.i have friend with aboat an mabe we can carry you out an show you what and how to get started .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts