NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from my bud down south.. seems friends of a friend had stumbled upon a state record groupah for Lousiana (I believe, not sure yet and will verify and report back on specifics).

Looks like they had a banner day for sure.... now you wanna talk crammin 500 lbs of fish in a 200 lb box!!!!

Enjoy the pix! They definately are NOT photo shop... the real deal! ;)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the rest of the pix he sent me:
WOW!

Right now it's a pending state record as far as what I know... not sure if it's been verified for sure yet... will let y'all know when I hear back

·
Registered
255 Posts
I swung by the biscuit place early yesterday morning and CNN was doing a story on this. I pretty much stopped dead in my tracks to listen to the story. A couple of good 'ol boys were sitting at a table close by and one of them remarked; "That ain't nothing but an itty bitty pond fish". I just smiled, muttered something under my breath about in-breeding, then walked out.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm almost willing to betchya they weren't expecting this size of a fish nor were trophy fishing for this size of fish.. just one of them... "Hey, Think we gotta big'n on!!" type deals (or at least that's what they'd want everyone to believe!) ;)... Caught at a oil/gas rig 70 miles south of unspecified location on the coast. In approx. 400 some odd feet of water. Fight was roughly 20 minutes and with a standup harness set up.

Tiagra 50w's from what I'm told - hard tails for baits... I'm still waiting to hear back from John. Was caught in Louisiana if I'm not mistaken (place? I'm sure it's a deeply held secret), and I would venture to say, they probably caught it reeling up one of the smaller groupers.... big daddy probably couldnt resist and "whamo".

Warsaw Grouper 359.1 lbs

Med. student catches record grouper south of Fourchon | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | Lafourche/Terrebonne News | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | wwltv.com <-- Louisiana news clip (50 lb filets!!) WOW

Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 9:49 AM
To: McBride, Billy B; Brodhead, Britt P; Thompson, Will; Traugott, Darrell S
Cc: Leckelt, Michael J; Fontenot, Jarid C
Subject:

Three of us went offshore Saturday on an overnight trip. At 9pm while listening to the Tigers this fish bit - 359.1lb Warsaw Grouper, new state record caught by JJ Tabor

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kinda funny.... that Stren fishin line commercial (see my sig) and then to see a "man sized" fish like that is phenominal!!! (and funny) :)

Please Note: The world record, caught off Florida in 1985, is 436 pounds, 12 ounces

world record has yet been broken... so I'm sure there's still some bigger out there! ;)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
man, would I like to have that problem!!!! That proves it, Jonah was eaten by a grouper, not a whale...LOL!!!!!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
You could put a saddle on that thing!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.