NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)So today after sunrise service I decided to pack up my rods and head east. I wanted to save gas so I took my car and headed east on 264 deciding not to take the boat. The first spot I stopped at the water was really murky so I decided to pass. I stopped at my second spot and cast for about 30 minutes and decided to head to a creek that I thought may hold fish. This stop I start fishing and get a hookup in about 2 minutes. It was a nice around 17 inch trout. Being so excited i made a rookie mistake and let some slack in the line and the fish comes off. I throw back out and within 2 minutes get another hit apparently this one wasn't hooked to good either and came off as soon as I felt his head shake.:mad:. Around 30 minutes later may drag starts screaming and I am thinking I have a rock. Well up he comes and its a nice fat 21 inch trout. I decide to switch up on one of my rods and put a scrounger jig with a fin-s minnow. I found a protected wind area and saw a lot of activity so I cast this rig and on my second cast I landed a 15 inch trout. To make a long story short there are trout out there. I ended up the day with multiple trout hookups and losses including a 20 inch trout that got away with a lure in his mouth do to a bad knot tied by me. So my total was 3 trout 21,19,and 15 inches and 1 15.5 inch flounder. Automotive tire Bumper Fish Metal Automotive wheel system
Fin Fish Plant Grass Marine biology

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.