NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to fish with my favorite fishing buddy today, my Dad. We took advantage of a perfect day and hit the flats in search of those great winter Redfish.

As luck would have it, the bite was on as soon as we hit the fishing spot. I started out taking a 3-0 lead over Dad, but he wasn't about to be out fished. Just as I was about to release my 3rd fish, he cast up next to the grass and the big fish inhaled the bait as soon as it hit the water. Dad proceeded to fight the fish like a champ. Even though the fish took him under the boat at least 3 times, he wrestled him out and I finally got him in the net. The fish weighed 10lbs on the boga, 30-inches!!!

The bite lasted for about an 1-1/2 hours and then it just shut down. Ended the day up with 7 Redfish with all but one being in or over the slot. Had the boat in the water all of about 3 hours.

Congratulations Dad on a really nice fish!!!!

The Redfish bite continues to be good so give me a call and lets go catch a few!!

Tight lines!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.