NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and fished with Dad today at a 3 acre pond. He said he hadn't caught a thing in quite some time, so I decided to try out something new to both of us, the 4.8 Keitech swing fat impact. I rigged one of these up and couldn't believe the action! Fast, slow, on the fall, the action is just awesome. Do any of you guys use these swimbaits? I had a feeling we would catch some and we did. Pops ended up with the largest of the day. Another great day with Dad and the fish made it even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have never tried a swim bait, may have to pick one up and try it. Nice fish

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Nice to see someone else liking the swim baits.

I do VERY well with the Berkley Swim Shad. Caught many crappie, bass, and even a stray sea trout with one of those when I tried it last fall at Bay River. Outstanding action, fish love it.

Great for trolling behind a kayak as well.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I have caught a mess of speckled trout in Pensacola Fla on Zman swimbaits.

I use the Keitech Fat 3.8's for my umbrella rig out at Belews, and I have been very happy with the results when I throw it. I use a little fishing glue to help them last longer on the jig heads, as well. I don't really throw swimbaits very much for stand-alone lures, but I probably should.

Reactions: grandpaa

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I love a swim bait.Surprized alot of people do not use them,you can swim it make it go up then dive it down even make it look like a hurt minnow .I have them in all sizes with lead heads on and off .Even have some for troling

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had to add this to the thread. Dad said it dwarfed the 7 lb fish I caught the other day, he was guessing it was 9-10 lbs. He was guessing because he has yet to put batteries in the digital scale I bought him. At least he was using his new rod and reel and also that mom was close by with her phone for the picture! Dad strictly uses Keitechs now!

Smile Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
That's quite a bass. It does look like it would go in the 8-10lb class.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.