NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Tuesday Dad goes in for total knee replacement after 2 failed attempts to save his knee after an accident on his part time job.. He is 70 and retired but won't stop going!! Keep him in your Prayers/Thoughts... He is a tough cookie but anytime you go under sedation it is scary especially at his age... I'll be in Franklin Co and back and forth to the hospital in Cary this week...
Ya'll "catch em up" for us!!!!!!!!! tight lines and good tugs!!!

PS, for those of you who know Mom's ordeal she is mending well and looking forward to the Spring fishing!!!!

Bless you all!!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Will be praying for your Dad!

Please don't hesitate to call Drop if you need anything. You know that I live right near Cary.

Glad to hear that your mother is doing well!

Reactions: sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone. I'm here at dad's now ( yuk! Dial up!!..LOL) All is well and he is looking forward to getting the knee replaced... Says it cant hurt any worse..LOL!!

Greg, Mom is so close to smoke free I think she'll make it! from a pack a day to 2 cigs a day and trying hard to skip those! Thanks for asking!

To everyone who has sent #s and support we appreciate it and hope we dont have to meet under bad circumstances!!!

Thanks again, you're a great bunch!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dad did well with the surgery. Meds made him sick as a dog the first day but they changed the drug and he is doing great!!! Therapy is going well and he is coming home Saturday!
Then my Wife gets the news from her DR that she has to have back surgery for a ruptured disc ASAP so it is scheduled for Dec 5th............ GEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sundrop,

I am glad to hear that your dad is doing well and sounds like he will be on the move real soon!

I am sorry to hear about your wife's back. I understand completely as you know the situation with my wife's back.

Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything even if it is moral support. A lot of people don't realize that sometimes it can be tough on the care giver also.

Mark

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
sundrop, Glad To Hear Dad Is Doing Well, Sorry To Here About Ms Drop, I Know All About Back Operation I've Had 3 Myself, As You Know I'm Only 20 Mins. Down The The Road If You Need Help With Anything Plz Call, Still Praying For You And Your Family, Thanks Chris

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, things are getting better as time goes on in many ways.. I had another injection in my back today, Dad is coming home tomorrow and feels great! Mom is in pretty good spirits considering everything... My wife is being patient too so I am lucky........

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Drop,

Glad to hear your dad is doing well, but real sorry to hear about Ms. Drop. Geeze you've had a "rough spell" lately...Mom, Dad, Wife. Well, look at the bright side. They say these things come in threes. Looks like you've about got your's over with! Will be praying for you man.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok short report..LOL!!

Dad home, doing great!!!!!!

Mom getting enough strength to fuss at Dad about trying to do too much too soon..LOL!!

Mrs. Drop on pain meds and "giddy" so she can't do much, but she is fun to be around..LOL!!!!!

Me, I had another spinal injection Fri and it seems to have helped some for now...

MAN WHATTA YEAR!!!!!!!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.