NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Abu post got me to thinking, sure I like the Abu's as I have 6 or 7...let me see, 7000, 6500, 5600, 5500, 4600, 4600 Kokanee, maybe 1 I am forgetting but for bass fishing I really like the old Daiwa Millionaires. Not the new ones but the likes of say 4HM, 6000M and the millionaire II's.......

My first "Bass" Reel was a blue 4hm and it is still working and cast like a Dream. I have maybe 10 of em and want more.

Anyone else like the old millionaires???????

Water Watch Flash photography Sky Fence
Bicycle Water Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports equipment

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
I have a mid 70's Millionaire Model 5 I traded for it when it was still in like new condition. (Bill Dance said that I just had to try one) My first T-Rigged bass, first bass over 5lbs, PB LMB, PB Chain Pickerel, and PB catfish and carp till a couple of years back, all came in on that reel. It doesn't look that great any more but still works as well as ever. I also had a 5H but I am not sure what happened to it, I think I traded it for a Penn 910.

Darrell

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I actually like the newer ones for one reason, i bought a smaller red one recently, the size of a 4600abu and it had a clicker on it.. the smallest reel i've ever seen with a clicker. Still havent used it yet tho :rolleyes: will hook a striper or so on it this season to be sure here's a pic of it i just found Automotive lighting Metal Magenta Machine Art

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mack

All reels, not just Diawa's will feel great after many years if they've never had to do anymore work than crank in a two pounder.
I think that is the only funny thing you have ever said.......Ok, 2nd funny. 1st was big fish! big fish! and you reeled in that little bullhead.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually like the newer ones for one reason, i bought a smaller red one recently, the size of a 4600abu and it had a clicker on it.. the smallest reel i've ever seen with a clicker. Still havent used it yet tho :rolleyes: will hook a striper or so on it this season to be sure here's a pic of it i just found View attachment 69279
What model is that millionaire??? also, abu makes a 4600 with a clicker . I have one it is called a "4600 Kokanee Special", they are hard to find and dont make alot of them but they are out there.

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.