NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to the river around 11. It was a perfect day! I was a little worried that it might be to late in season for tesstriols, but I wanted to use the schroders I had tied earler that week. ITs not to late! I caught a 11-12" Speckled first, Thats my biggest speck For me:eek: The i worked my way down to my buddy to let him know what they were hitting. He put a hopper on and tried a few times but had told me earlyer he never does good with them. So he quickly switched to who knows what. When he was done in that hole I tried my Schroders on it and the 5th cast pulled in a 12" brown:) I decied to try some other lures since I tie im always looking to find other patterns that work. I didnt have alot of luck. He finaly got One on a blue wing olive. If you Go now Use the hopper tho before they stop hitting them till next year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the thumbs up on the post:) I am not sure what a redhorse looks like. I didnt even know what a warpaint shinner was until I saw it on Virginia Tech's Website. They have a awsome Vitural aquarum.
http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/cyprinidae.html
I have found that here in the mountains their are more names for the same fish than I can imagin. I try to look them up as I catch one to figure out what type it really is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.