NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please remember my family in prayer due to the passing of my mother on 11/24/07. We found out in June that she had lung cancer. Right now I am thanking and praising God that she is no longer suffering. I know that she is now in Heaven where there is no suffering, no pain, no crying, just praising our Lord and Savior and experiencing joy. It is my faith in God that is giving me strength at this time. I am also praising Him for the 82 years that she had and for being the Mom that she was.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
1Thessalonians 4:13-18:
"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
Therefore comfort one another with these words."

Amen! Blessings to your family during this difficult time brother. And I hope you will find comfort in this passage.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
sorry To Here Of You Mother Passing, Glad To Here She Is With The Father, God Bess You And Your Family, I Lost A Brother 1 Month Ago Due To Cancer, And He Is No Longer In Pain ,his Heart Was With God, At His Passing. Praise God. Chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and for every prayer that you offered up on my family's behalf. Randy, that scripture was perfect. It has been a long and exhausting few days. The only thing that has sustained me, besides my wonderful wife's support, was my faith in God Almighty. Without Him, I am nothing and His grace and mercy has been the greatest comfort anyone could have ever asked for.

Again, thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Fishnspoon,

I lost my mother several years ago and it was one of the most difficult times that I ever went through. God is good though as now I look back and saw how the Lord used that time to draw me nearer to Him at a time when I really didn't know Him at all. I know that is not the case with you as I can see that you know Him well but just the same the Lord is working all things together for your good!

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.