NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used many of the deep creek lures? I found them at a takle shop in my hometown of Goldsboro and bought a couple of different varieties of lizards although did have lot of worms, frogs and more. These lok like they are going to be sweet, but you never know. They seem to have alot of detail like a nice scale like design on the back, and alot of the lures are garlic injected! Any feedback would be great and I will use them on Sunday so I will give a later update. The best part of these lures are made right here in N.C.. I think they are made in roxboro. I wish everyone the best of luck and thanks for all the help!!!!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
BIGL20 I'VE USED THE FROGS IN THE DEEP CREEK LURES AN HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK IN THE SPRING, BUT WITH FALL COMING AND BASS STARTING TO FEED UP FOR THE WINTER YOU SHOULD HAVE GOOD LUCK, HEY LET US ALL KNOW HOW YOU DID. CHRIS................

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy the lure around the triangle area? I think they are one of the better loooking lures out there! I think you should all give them a try, but I will let you know after I have a little fun with them. Good luck out there!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Results from deep creek lures

I woke up on Sunday morning and the ole lady was in one of those ill and crazy moods. After her bickering for a good hour I said I am going to take myself fishing! I went to a pond out by Umstead Park and played around. I played arond with some crankbaits and buzzbaits for a little bit and had a little luck. I decided to try those new deep creek lizards and a 5/0 hook on a carolina rig. I threw it for about 10 min. and then my wife called to talk and about three min. into the conversation I hooked a 6.3 pound LMB. She was a beauty but have not figured out how to get the pictures off the phone. I would reccomend those lures to anyone. They are affordable and very lifelike and they are even garlic injected. The best part is they are made right here in our beautiful state of N.C.! :D Good luck out there everybody!

·
Registered
79 Posts
BigL,

We stock 16 styles of deep creek in many colors. Henry and Marie who own deep creek are good people and make a great soft plastic bait. If you are gearing up for fall, definately try the 10" Henry Ribbontail and/or the 10" Paddletail worms. I have fished their sink N catch alot and have done well (thats a senko type bait). They just came out with a jig trailer and a 4" swim shad that look good too. Henry and Marie also distribute some other products that are worth checking out such as Stanford Crankbaits and Falcon jigs and Spinnerbaits.

Thanks,
Corey

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm going to have to make a trip up to smithfield. next time wife wants to shop at the outlets i'll drop her off and come on over to your shop. Deep Creek sounds like a good bet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We are just about a mile from the outlets. The "drop the wife off at the outlets" customer base has been surprisingly well for us. A nice little feature we had not really thought about when opening where we did. Look forward to having you in to check out the shop.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sounds like we need to throw some chickens on a fire and raid Corey's place one weekend doesn't it!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me.

Corey,
Do you carry the portable RF 25's and the replacement sonars? This would be a bonus for me coming up there. Getting harder to find the replacement ones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I do not stock them, but will look into it tonight and see if I can get them. I will let you know.

As far as the raid, we are having a sale this weekend. Some guests joining us tomorrow between 11a-4pm from Skeet's Custom Rods, Custom Lures Unlimited and Jeffery Thomas, of the FLW tour. No better time for a raid if you can make it! All berkley Gulp and Gulp Alive will be on sale.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Darn, got a gme and school tomorrow or that sounds good to me. I've exchanged emails with mr. thomas before about fishing around fayetteville when I started to pick it back up 2 yrs ago. He was very helpful and full of knowledge.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tell you that these lures float better than any other plastic I have seen and used before. I hear they will make you any combination of color and any type of plastics they carry. I don't know if that is correct but after doing a little research about the lures I was told they would do it. I have not confirmed that one! I really think everyone will enjoy them even though they say the season for plastics are coming to an end. I wish everyone the best of luck out there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
I want to thank everyone that stopped by the deep creek booth at the bass show in greensboro and raleigh! I hope everyone had the opportunity to see our baits perform in the bass tank! We look forward to a banner year this year! We picked up some excellent talent for our fishing team! You'll be seeing our shirts at the tournaments!
Thanks again,
Marie Turner
Henry Smith
Deep Creek Lures, Inc
:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The booth in Raleigh was awesome! It was just always so crowded I couldnt totally look around and ask questions! But thats a good thing for you!!>>LOL!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.