NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy and put a couple of crankbaits on my wish list for coming Christmas season. The wife and kids need some ideas for presents for Dad (me). I'm looking to get some deep divers and wanted to poll the group here to see what the favorites are. Especially with regards to NC freshwater lakes tageting LMB

Please post your favorites or goto Cranks and colors. I typically fish Jordan so if you have a specific one for jordan please share

Thanks All and have a great Thanksgiving!!! Looking forward to your responses

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Norman DD22 (I can get about 14-16 ft with 10 lb) is my go to for deep cranking. I also like a SPRO DD John, I have got about 18-19 ft out of it. Poes 400s are good too but can be hard to find.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I love the Spro Little John DD cranks. They are big enough that you usually don't have to worry about smaller fish trying to eat them. Like Neil, I don't quite get 20 ft out of them, but they get close. I like the Lucky Craft CB D-20 as well and definitely the Normans for the intermediate range. Spro has a new crank called the Spro Little John Baby DD that is in the 10-15 ft range, which should be a nice bait.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
DB-III is the original and still the best. Norman's Little N and Baby N on light line will catch big fish when nobody can get a strike. I got a box full of the original Poe's 300's and 400's I'll let go of.....................Silver Foil, Rainbow Trout, and Parrot colorways always caught more fish for me than TN shad mixes. Hard to beat a Shad Rap when the fish are 10-15 feet depth.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I too, really like the Normans cranks on Jordan - the 11' - 17' chartruese with tiger stripes is a killer; It'l get LM and stripers. And any Bomber cranks in chartruese from 4' - 10'. The trick on Jordan seems to be that some years you want stripes and some years none at all. You'll figure that one out quick.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Strike King 6XD or Bomber Deep Fat Free Shad (BD8F) will both diver deeper and faster than the Norman DD22, as will Rapala DT16. Price wise, the Strike Kings are a bargain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.