NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that Outhouse Tackle is now selling Deer Corn. It is 2014 corn that is "Feeder Ready" and is only $9.99 per bag! Hard to beat $9.99 a bag for the freshest corn you will find anywhere around. Be sure to stop by to stock up on corn before Deer season comes in.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I have a hard enough time hauling a 50 lb bag out into the swamps I hunt. I think a 100 lb bag might just whoop my butt
Where we live all you do is make them go totally nocturnal. I did a 4 year study on that ridge behind the shop. I saw and blew way more deer off that ridge if I didn't put a thing out. Basically what I was doing when I put corn and the like out was ending their need to travel from bedding areas out into the open. Knowing the feed was going to be there.....No need to go until after dark to eat. Deer are a nocturnal animal to begin with.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Where I hunt near us is a five acre parcel that deer rarely pass trough unless its baited. Makes sense because at my hunting spot on hockaday I baited religiously and killed the ONLY deer I saw and it was barely in legal light. Then I stopped baiting and killed one a month later in broad daylight.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
That ridge behind the shop is a deer a day plot of land. My nephew and his friend dropped 5 in 45 minutes a coupla years ago early one morning. I was ****** they stopped at 5. If it's brown it's down. We have way to big a herd.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
There's tons of deer in the area for sure. We used to kill four a year in that five acre spot but now the beavers have it all underwater so it's only good for ducks
Don't be so quick. Sat in a stand one morning and watched 17 does walking single file through flooded timber. They weren't crossing it. They were walking the length of it. They were on Wade Johnson's place. He would have given me a medal if I dropped a couple of them but I wasn't shooting into the unknown. I didn't know if anybody was hunting in there or not. He hated a deer with a passion.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Don't be so quick. Sat in a stand one morning and watched 17 does walking single file through flooded timber. They weren't crossing it. They were walking the length of it. They were on Wade Johnson's place. He would have given me a medal if I dropped a couple of them but I wasn't shooting into the unknown. I didn't know if anybody was hunting in there or not. He hated a deer with a passion.
I've killed a couple on the edge of the water its just harder to hunt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.