NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Man, you sure make it tempting. Mom and dad are just down the road for another day or two but really I have plenty for awhile. The 5lbs, of lean red protein really makes it tempting. I got my tails from a local deer processor /tackle shop owner and turned his sons onto tying jigs in the process. Now the tails come off first thing.LOL

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
HA! man, them loins is gone! But.. If you stop over to pick them up, I'll fess up 5 lbs ground meat for taco, meat loaf or meat ball makin :)
I was just pullin' your chain but thanks for the offer. On a side note, the brown with white on the bottom has been a real success for smallmouth. First tie the white and overlay the brown(mixed with black).

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Very, but they've made their way back south. I guess I need to send you some jig heads and a vise. lol I got an assortment early on. Some look like skunk tails. Solid black on top and white underneath. Those are real handy. I wish I could have gotten a few more of them black and white ones. I guess the skunk breeding season is about to crank up. Maybe with the aid of a clothespin and a few ziplocks and some unfortunate motorists.....:D .....:eek: :eek: :eek: !

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Al,, I can tell ya right now I wont be cuttin any skunk tails off! :eek:

Hmm,, I'll have to go see how my 6/8 oz grouper jigs are.. might have to get with HotSpot and them jig guys and learn how to re-hair them up.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Good fresh road kill can provide an endless supply of fur and feathers for jigs and flies-- unless you become road kill while trying to get it.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.