NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get to do any DH fishing over the past week...?? I know I sure did...:) Visited Stone Mountain and the Mitchell on Friday with a few friends and we caught 80+... Visited South Mountain yesterday and caught 20 in 2 hours:)... not bad considering the crowds yesterday:cool:....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been fishing the Delayed harvest streams the entire year and the Tuck is by far the best that i have fished this year but try not to forget the smaller streams like Cane Creek in Bakersville and Curtis Creek in Old Fort cause the places also have tons of good sized fish. The best part about the Delayed Harvest streams is the fact that you can fish them when it is freezing cold and still catch fish. Might be a good idea to invest in some really good wool socks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like im going to be DH fishing again tomorrow... That is if the weather is not looking good over in Tennessee (Cumberland River)....

TAO,

I also fish Curtis and Cane creek... Haven't fished either one in two years though... Last I went upto Bakersville it just wasn't that great... Can't park at the Shiners’ parking lot anymore ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh boy yet again another DH day :)....This time on the Green.. We caught 50ish between the two of us in 3.5 hrs.... Crowds begin coming in so we left to prepare for turkey season....

Big fished were stocked this time... I was happy thats for sure... No pics because my camera was broke....

·
Registered
146 Posts
TAO,
I used to fish Curtis Creek a lot a few years ago and did very well then, but I don't fish it much anymore. Seems the poachers have found this stream and hit it hard. The last two times I went there during DH season (last year) I didn't even move a fish.....and there were blue plastic worm containers laying all over the place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.