NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The "Fishin Buddy" deals with the bulit in transducer that all clamps on the side of your boat looks like a pretty neat low cost self contained unit but I have no experience with them.
Cabela's -- Bottom Line Fishin' Buddy 1200

Reactions: gambusia

·
Registered
249 Posts
I noticed that it appears that the Fishin Buddy line of products has been taken over by Humminbird. (Not positive on this, but they are using the same name and look very similar, so I assume some kind of takeover occurred):

Humminbird 110 Fishin' Buddy Ultimate Portable Fishfinder

I looked at the Fishin Buddy products, but decided I didn't want to deal with AA batteries.....

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I noticed that it appears that the Fishin Buddy line of products has been taken over by Humminbird. (Not positive on this, but they are using the same name and look very similar, so I assume some kind of takeover occurred):

Humminbird 110 Fishin' Buddy Ultimate Portable Fishfinder

I looked at the Fishin Buddy products, but decided I didn't want to deal with AA batteries.....
Nice thing with AA batteries is you can buy a set from Harbor Freight tools cheap and they will probably last 2 trips before a recharge. And those units that use 2 6volt batteries work well but they are bulky and batteries are expensive. ( I used one myself but now it is wired it to a lawn/garden battery.$18)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Well I bit the Monkey today and bought a new depthfinder. Had it on Ebay for a good price and it is a compromise between what I want and what I can afford.. any opinions? Eagle Electronics - FishEasy® 250 DS
$127.45 shipping included.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.