NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the reports can't be good ones. I fished bath creek for 3 hrs this morning and didn't get a bite. Tried all the lures I've seen folks catching with over the past few weeks of reports. Mirrolures, xraps, soft plastics, you name it.

Zilch

Gave up on the trout and decided to try for a dumb hybrid rock.

Nothing

Anybody had any luck in that area lately? Was really surprised I struck out completely

·
Registered
595 Posts
Got some dumb rockfish across the river from Bath, along with a bunch of lmb all on white curly tail. No trout. I am obsessed with catching a trout there because it is close to my home, and stubbornness is in my dna.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
all the rain we've had around this week I'd guess the local creeks would be washed out with freshwater runoff. Kinda locks the trout jaws.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Why you calling rock dumb? They fight harder and taste better than a speck imo. They also don't need a lure crept to catch them in cold water.
Fight harder I agree, taste better not to my taste buds. As to the dumb part, they very well could be dumber than a drum. The hardest part about catching them is finding them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love catching rock, just an inside joke. A buddy of mine always jokes with me because I catch lots of rock and relatively few trout. He says I'm too dumb to catch trout.

I like all of em, but I don't like catching hybrids as much. They don't fight like a natural

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Lots of rain this past few days, freshwater push...

·
Registered
336 Posts
stella gave up one fish. must have been 40 gill nets within a mile of the bridge. some of them were actually on both sides in the same spot with only about 10-15 feet to get through right in the middle. It's a wonder to me that I got one at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.