NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my good customers is always on the lookout for really large lures and everytime I get a new one he checks it out really close before deciding if it is for him or not. I believe this man would fish 7 days a week except that he is a well respected Baptist minister.
One day after I had sold him a couple of those jumbo spinner baits, I asked him if he ever caught anything on them. He smiled and said "Be here Tues. morning at 6 with a good stout catfish rod and I'll show you." Of course I was there rod in hand when he comes pulling up with a canoe. I didn't have to ask where we were going when we pulled out of the lot. I finally realized he was a musky fisherman and we were heading to the french broad river.
Later that morning after scaring every trout and smallie in the river he finally got a strike and the fight was on! It was obvious that those muskies in the french broad were bigger than I had imagined. After about 5 or 6 minutes the fish threw the hook and was gone. All he said was "34 lbs and 10 oz's." I said, "Now preacher how are you of all people going to say that fish was 34 lbs and 10 oz's when you didn't even put him in the boat, much less on a set of scales." "Son, God put the scales on him and if you want to argue about it you are going to have to argue with Him" was his quick reply . Later he told me that the reason that musky got free was that God was rewarding him by giving him something to look forward to and that the real enjoyment of musky fishing was the anticipation. I can't argue either point. ;)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
sinker man--- Believe the weight! Believe the weight! But NEVER NEVER cross or tangle church folks lines when they have a fish on:eek: .... Unless you have some OSHA approved ear plugs in your tackle box.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.