NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this tweet by NC Wildlife:

@NCWildlife Frozen-over Coffey Lk in Beech Mtn (Watauga Co) forced us 2 resched DH #trout stocking. Make-up date TBD http://t.co/jugQBLp6ey

Think that means all stocking today? Here are the waters that were to be stocked today: Helton Creek, Trout Lake
Big Laurel Creek, Shelton Laurel Creek, Mitchell River, Little River, Watauga River
Coffee Lake, East Pring Roaring River
& Stone Mountain Creek.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Every water body that was scheduled to be stocked today were except for Coffey due to it being frozen. Can't wait to head west next month and get my trout fix!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Richard,

I wondered if that would not be the case and thus decided to stay home today... I crossed a little creek on my road yesterday evening and it was over its banks with all the runoff from melting snow. Add to that the rain in the forecast for the next 3 days and I took my chances betting everything would be blown out, stocking or no stocking. Maybe in a week or two...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
We hit a stream yesterday. The water was a little high and stained. At first we weren't sure they stocked recently. We couldn't see any fish at the usual spots. Fishing was very slow and we only picked up a few fish at first. Then we decided to try to dredge the bottom. That was the ticket. Started getting a lot more action after that. Fish should move up as the water warms.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We hit a stream yesterday. The water was a little high and stained. At first we weren't sure they stocked recently. We couldn't see any fish at the usual spots. Fishing was very slow and we only picked up a few fish at first. Then we decided to try to dredge the bottom. That was the ticket. Started getting a lot more action after that. Fish should move up as the water warms.
I'm debating hitting a stream tomorrow. I think with 2 solid days of warmer temps it might be a good day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.