NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by Dick's today. My local one is probably the smallest one I've ever seen but that's besides the point. They had some lures and terminal tackle on clearance that was buy one get one free. I picked up a Rapala floating skitter walk and a scatter rap for 8.51 with tax. Don't know if I'll ever catch anything with them but thought it was a good deal.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Their catch on this sale was they take your five most expensive items and charge for them. Say you see rapalas bogo for $8 and get four. Then you see zoom worms for $2 and get four. You dont pay for two of each. You pay for four overpriced rapalas and get the $2 worms free. Luckily an employee warned me before I checked out. Ended up buying only things of similar prices so I got good deals.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I hate Dick's local store. I have emailed the company several times and asked if they were going out of the fishing business? No response, so that tells me that they really, really don't care about my opinion. It's a shame, because I have bought a lot of equipment there through the years. I will go out of my way to buy my fishing stuff elsewhere. Can't wait till Academy comes closer to home. Are you listening Dick's?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've always had a good experience in Dick's, if things ring up wrong, which doesn't happen often for me, they are quick to fix it.

I stop in once a month or so just to check out the clearance section, I've found some great deals. Don't really need any more fishing gear but if it's cheap, might as well go broke saving money :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
just got a Penn Fierce 7000 from Dick's in Holly Spring yesterday
with 300 yd of 65 pound Spider wire

They are always really good to me in Holly Springs!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The Dick's in Fayetteville quit selling fishing supplies about 4 years ago. So, they might be going that way.

I hate Dick's local store. I have emailed the company several times and asked if they were going out of the fishing business? No response, so that tells me that they really, really don't care about my opinion. It's a shame, because I have bought a lot of equipment there through the years. I will go out of my way to buy my fishing stuff elsewhere. Can't wait till Academy comes closer to home. Are you listening Dick's?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My father in law spoke with the manager at the Fayetteville store when they stopped selling. According to the manager they were having so much fishing stuff stolen corporate took it out of the store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.