NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out and saw to much mullet not to net. I'm not to good to fish live bait yet. I don't believe in posting everything I catch, specially the same fish so I thought I'd share this interesting catch.
Enough bait in one cast:

First stop a poor mans tarpon. She tried to dump the reel:

On the way to the flats with glassy conditions. Perfect for topwater:

One of several pumpkins rolling in the grass and crushing all things on top:

Figured I'd try the wall on the way back for a flounder. First cast and this was all:

First Blacktip in the river and was fun.

Did the full moon effect any of you? We killed the flounder yesterday but only a few were keepers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good stuff! Looked like a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love ladyfish, they are great fighters
I was topwater fishing and had two rods out with live bait and this thing hit and the rod doubled, it was crazy trying to get to the rod with that thing doing flips in the air. Their crazy on topwater too but that was a first on a carolina rig on the bottom. It ran off right much line until I could put the brakes on it and tire it down.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neil, good report. Thanks for posting. 25 knot SW winds are killing us. ........ ICM
Thanks Billy. Those reds sound like cinder blocks blowing up on those lures. I know you know all about it. Like you mentioned, nothing comes close to a big red slamming topwater.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was topwater fishing and had two rods out with live bait and this thing hit and the rod doubled, it was crazy trying to get to the rod with that thing doing flips in the air. Their crazy on topwater too but that was a first on a carolina rig on the bottom. It ran off right much line until I could put the brakes on it and tire it down.
I caught one on a C-rig Saturday in New River inlet. It jumped three times and was very cool.

I caught 7 or 8 flounder on Sunday but all of them were too small...same as you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts