NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in at 6:30 yesterday afternoon to try and find some slot drum and flounder. Weather was gorgeous. I was throwing a Gulp Swimming Mullet under a popping cork and my roommate was throwing a Gulp Mantis Shrimp on the bottom. First hour or so there was nothing. Chas (roommate) finally got tired of snagging in the stump fields and decided to throw Gulp Shrimp under a popping cork with about a 2 foot leader. He caught a small drum on his first cast, about 12". 3rd or 4th cast after that, BAM!!! Nice 22" red. Unfortunately my luck decided not to show up the whole afternoon but we were happy. Caught his first ever red drum. Now we've got some nice drum fillets in the freezer to go with our flounder fillets. Gonna be a nice fish fry coming up soon.

I would like to thank all you guys for posting in this forum and showing me what works where and new techniques. I've been a largemouth bass guy my whole life and had no idea how to fish for these until I joined this site. I didn't even know what a popping cork was until about 2 weeks ago. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice attempt. We have a ton of fresh water pushing through right now so the bite inland from the Pam/Pungo is gonna be "iffy" for a few days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts