NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone give me directions to "Shearon Harris Lake" ?
i would leaving from the Fayetteville NC/ Hope Mills NC area.
Thanks in advance for any help .
:rolleyes::confused::confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not to steal this thread but to help out, which ramp/ramps are best for launching? What I mean is where would it be best to put in to try and avoid as much crazy but still be near good fishing and not have to try and weasel a bass boat in. I have never been there but have been wanting to go and finally have a few weeks off cycle and should be able to. Mainly to try and catch some of those bass I see being pulled out of there.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I like the Merry Oaks ramp (aka Cross Point... by the dam). It is more protected from the wind and is newly renovated with nice docks, courtesy dock and paved parking. The Hollemans ramps is right on the main lake and can be trciky in high winds and boat wakes, especially if you are by yourself. It is also an easier drive from the greater raleigh area so it attracts more people, some of which are masters of holding up progress at the ramp.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the Merry Oaks ramp (aka Cross Point... by the dam). It is more protected from the wind and is newly renovated with nice docks, courtesy dock and paved parking. The Hollemans ramps is right on the main lake and can be trciky in high winds and boat wakes, especially if you are by yourself. It is also an easier drive from the greater raleigh area so it attracts more people, some of which are masters of holding up progress at the ramp.
Not to mention less distance down a rough gravel road at cross point. That road can beat you all to pieces.

-James Peavy-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts