NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the Eagle Talon has holes right under the seat. The first time I took it out, my rear was soaked. I have two Field & Stream Eagle Talon's I recently bought off of Craigslist. The Talon has 6 scupper holes, so I made 12 plugs. These are easy, and inexpensive. They could be made to fit most kayaks as the chair feet are tapered and come in a few different sizes. I picked up the materials from Lowe's and it took me maybe 15-20 minutes to do these.

1 1/8- 1 1/4 Rubber Chair Tips ($2.97 4 pack)
1/4" x 1" Stainless Fender Washer ( $1.97 for six)
5/32 550 Paracord cut into 16" pieces ($8 for 50')

I used a 13/64 drill bit for the hole and used the flat end of a skewer to push the loop thru. The paracord fights in tight. These work great. Came out to less than $21 for 12 plugs and I have plenty of paracord left to spare.

Material property Font Synthetic rubber Personal protective equipment Magenta
Audio equipment Jewellery Metal Cable Wood
Automotive tire Wood Rim Audio equipment Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Wood Auto part
Automotive tire Wood Yellow Tread Terrestrial animal
Gas Circle Audio equipment Auto part Metal

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I love good DIY..!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow great idea. My Perception Kick has got scupper holes in the seat too so I may have to do something similar. I saw that another member on the forum had plugged his with small nerf balls. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I went to walmart and in the toy isle they have these foam balls for shooting out of a toy gun that are about 2". I think I paid like 4 bucks for 6. Roll them a bit and push them in from the top and they expand and no water gets by them. I even got glow in the dark ones in case I had to mess with them in the dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.