NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do me a favor, all you guys that fish HPCL. The last couple of years has seen a marked increase in the white perch in the lake. If you go out there and throw crankbaits, chances are excellent you are gonna catch more perch than bass. My cousin went there the other day, and caught ten perch and two bass on 1/2 oz ff shad cranks. They seem to everywhere now, chasing shad. All you gotta do is look around, and you'll see them busting on top. Ricky kept his, and fried them up, said they were good. Keep some if you can. We need to bring them down a bit if possible out there!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
They always get a quick snap of the neck when I catch them in Jordan. I wish they were all bigger in there, I can't be bothered to fillet the ones under 7" but they really do taste great.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
They always get a quick snap of the neck when I catch them in Jordan. I wish they were all bigger in there, I can't be bothered to fillet the ones under 7" but they really do taste great.
Pressure cook them whole and make fish cakes!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
^^ this ^^

No mercy, no quarter for white perch.
They aren't particularly meaty, but they are tasty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts