NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
always keep some version of white/pearl. I like a white with chartreuse tail paddle tail. clear with any color sparkles is a deadly shrimp color.

Reactions: pgarick and RouseD

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
After looking at the prices of DOA soft baits, (and some others) I think once I run out of my others like GULP, BigBites and SLURP I will be sticking with using soft plastics and adding procure scents. Cheap!!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Soft plastics and Pro Cure get my vote. I like several of the jerk shad in 441 Figi Chix, 308 white glow with silver belly, and 309 white glow with gold flake belly. Later in the year the 416 Golden Bream or Zoom Gold Fish colors tend to work great. They will catch trout, reds and loads of flat fish.

So many colors, so much water and so little time.....:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I started using the DOA shad tails after I went to a seminar that featured Mark Nichols. It was really about the best seminar i have ever been to. Probably did not learn anything that was ground breaking news but Mark could really tell some stories and acted like he was just excited to be there. Anyway, if i am rock fishing then any color as long as it has some chartreuse on it and for trout, flounder , drum I only use the Arkansas Glow. My son will use some other colors from time to time but that Arkansas glow is just hard to beat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.