NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know our user group consist of mostly buyers, but I am looking for a couple of 704 or 704z or a 710 or something or in the newer 7**z series.

Let me know what you have in a PM and price, picture would be nice.

Thanks...Jim

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Jim, I have one Penn silver 105c with 15 lb Ande line on it, reel is in excellent shape and I even have a spare spool to go with it, just sittin in the garage not on a rod... (I know... I'm slackin'...)

Stop by the house, $25 and it's yours..

here's a pic of it in the ttop rod holder:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Rog..

I had an old green 704z with marble like white handle, gave it away to a bud in Alabama... wish I'd of known you were looking for one.... I'd of given it to ya.

Good luck on yer search though... There's a guy in St Pete/Tampa area that deals in used Dam Quick reels and every now an then he has some old classic Penn's,, if I can find his website, I'll pm you the URL, he's a good guy.

this is the one I had (exactly like the picture)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know how it is when you want something? You want what ya want I guess. I did try to add one to the order box from the site you sent me and access was denied for that item which I think means they no longer have this discontinued model.

Thanks...Jim

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like they have them Dave, I'll give them a call tomorrow and I'll let you know the outcome.

Thank you for the help, you are a fine gent...Jim

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
;) Helpin a brother out with some Tackle Monkey Joy! ha ha ha hah a....
Hmmm. Dave is awfully helpful on this potential purchase. I know *I've* never seen both Wellcraft Dave and the Tackle Monkey in the same place at the same time. Has anybody else?

i'm thinking we may have a little Clark Kent/Superman thing going on here...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
There's a bunch of them listed on Ebay both new and used. 704 704z 706 as well as repair parts if you need them..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I used to deal with Gulf Breeze Tackle Shop. I don't know if it is still under the same ownership, but if it is they are good reliable people. They can probably scrounge up a 706z but that one will cost a pretty penny in the panhandle. I'd try elsewhere for a 706z if the price seems to steep. You can also probably get manual bail conversions for any Penns or old Mitchells from them. Ask them about them if you are interested. I bought a couple of 706z's from them when they reintroduced them. (Yes, I still have them along with some more that you were asking about. No, they aren't for sale.) Half Hitch also ships. They are a bigger outfit with multiple locations. If Gulfbreeze or Half Hitch doesn't have what you need let us know and we will put some tentacles in the current. Give me a little time and I can scare up a lot of stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.