NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
You mean dolphins, Porpoise, Mahi-Mahi, Bull-Heads, game fish or Flipper? OH! Welcome to the site. Nice of you to sign on. Can you be a little more specific?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just don't like to speak on an assumption. Seems to get me in trouble from time to time. I thought that was the specie, but wanted to make sure before openning my big mouth and chewing the ol sole.

·
Registered
21 Posts
has anyone heard about dolphins close to the beach?
I too have noticed that the Porposes/Dolphins,mammals not fish are coming close to shore. I believe it is because that they are with young ones &it is safer near the shore. I spotted a few the other day in the Newport river,while fishing off the new Morehead pier, also we call the public accesscarea in fort Macon dolphin beach as we always see some off there. We also spotted a few last time off of oceana pier. Sometimes they scare the fish away. Also when I go up to Lorson creek park the river otters usually appear &scare the fish away. OH Well

·
Registered
493 Posts
They come in because that is where the bait fish are. As water temps go higher, the bigger fish push closer in an effort to trap there quarry in the pools and slots closer to shore. At least, that is how it was explained to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.