Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I liked it :(

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure. I just didn't like how it turned out after I tied it off. There was also a few small spot where my thread pick scraped the metallic thread and made it peel off, but it probably could have been fine if I finished it and I would probably be the only one to notice. But I just randomly decide I don't like stuff some times and it gets cut.

·
Registered
699 Posts
When I am tying flies, I get pi$$ed and cull some that don't meet my standards. My friends come over just to hang out and I catch them going through my trash bin looking for flies. If you do something like that long enough, "your" standards get raised. Would it have functioned perfectly? Absolutely. But you would have known. When we do construction around the house, my dad calls me Mr. Millimeter so I can totally relate with you.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies,, I'm glad I cut it as it's for a good friend and I want to put out nothing but my best work. Not sure how much time I had into it, I try not to count haha. But it wasn't too much,, it looks like a lot but with up to 6 threads per pass it isn't too time consuming. Not as much as some dec wraps can be anyways...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wait until you scrap a 80 dollar sheet of plywood because of a simple mistake.
Some high dollar wood has gone through my fire barrel.
I turn and can definitely relate. I have had a LOT of high dollar pieces get frequent flyer miles going from the shed across the yard. End up and some high priced kindling...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have cut many a Dec. Wraps off. You should get Vis Wrap and Billy Vivonas book. You also need a good packing tool to keep from breaking threads. Metallic thread is hard to pack. I have many Dec Wraps behind me but going back and looking at some early one I did I wish I could get them back and do over. Small goofs like a broken thread nobody will ever notice unless they build rods.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.