NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went bridge hopping down east on 70 this weekend...from north river down to johns ditch on 12...had decent luck on the pups catching a couple of decent slots...not a spec in site...so much grass in the creeks , suspending was all that worked ...17's... storm wild eyes...color didn't seem to matter...a lot of under slots ...proly 18 to 20...just a couple of slots...22 1/2..and a 19...but what a great weekend !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thanks for the post buckshot. Beautiful looking redfish and I like the picture with the lure still in it's mouth. Sounds like you were fishing from shore or bridge, no boat, is that right? Any information on what the tide was doing or water clarity? Trying to piece together why they would only hit suspended baits. Thanks again for the post and pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep...no boat...last 2 hours before low...thru ebb ...first 2 hours of the rise was the most active times. water was fairly clear but not"too" clear. so much of that bright green slimy "grass" that bottom bumping a leadhead just didn't work...just loaded up the bait...even with a 17 or a storm suspending mullet i was constantly cleaning the bait...check that pic...that fish hit with a little grass on the bait... that was on the 7-8 of feb...the first bridge i hit on sat morn actually had a skim of ice on the water...it was a cold thursday and friday...i pulled the first pup from under the ice...that was a first and a real thrill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.