NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping someone on here was aquainted with "Drag-N-Slayer" (Jordan Lake Striper Club). I met him on Jordan Thursday morning (3-15) getting shad and was wondering if he caught anything. Also saw a friend of mine from Raliegh so between us we fished several different areas and never hooked up on a fish. Started at Beaver Creek then fished all around where the creek chanel gets right up to the bank on the right side going toward 64 (Poplar Point?). We got two bumps, but no hook-ups. We did pull in a nice crappie. He started at Beaver Creek then went to the red clay bank on the left going toward the S-curve mouth and then fished around the mouth with no luck. No wind for the first hour, then got up pretty good, but manageable. Water temp. was in the mid to upper 50's. Thought it would be a good day, but oh well. Come on Roanoke stripers!! Saw Slayer going towards S-curve first thing then go to the white ball and troll toward Parkers Creek, but never talked to him throughout the day. Also was wondering when the stripers will move through the S-curve toward the Haw River.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would love to start striper fishing out at Jordan lake. The only place I have done it is at Kerr lake about 10 years ago. How has striper fishing been at Jordan lately? I always heard Jordan is really shallow..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sniper. I've met you a couple time up there too. We have a mutual friend in Raleigh that fishes the Roanoke alot, and started fishing Jordan some this winter. I was at Jordan during ya'lls Feb. tournament when most of the fish were locked down. I think 1 8lber won the tourney as it was the only fish caught. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.