NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Fort Fisher a few weeks ago and I was talking with a guy who mentioned that people were catching a lot of bait in the "dredge pond" at Carolina Beach. Does anyone know where this area is? If you could attach a google image that would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Thanks Mike , I thought that must be it I just have never been there. Next time I take the Boat down there I'll have to try there.

Thanks
Eddie

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Is there any way to get to the dredge pond over land? Would like to get bait there but it is a long paddle in the Kayak from Snows cut. Or is there a place to launch the yaks a little closer?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 Eddie...thats the dredge..:):)

Not sure about a road to there....looks like a road going around it..and a couple close to it..may
have to magnify a little closer on Google Earth or Visual Earth to find some road names to get closer...:)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
10-4 Eddie...thats the dredge..:):)

Not sure about a road to there....looks like a road going around it..and a couple close to it..may
have to magnify a little closer on Google Earth or Visual Earth to find some road names to get closer...:)
Yes I did see those but cant tell if the roads are open or not. Guess I will just have to check it out next week end at the yak meet and greet.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Eddie, if you do find an accessible road to it, can you please let me know? I was thinking the same thing, pretty long paddle for bait. I couldn't tell if the roads I was looking at around the dredge pond were part of the army terminal down there or not....

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Hey Eddie, if you do find an accessible road to it, can you please let me know? I was thinking the same thing, pretty long paddle for bait. I couldn't tell if the roads I was looking at around the dredge pond were part of the army terminal down there or not....
Will do Turtlestew , If they are accessible I will post it with pics and google earth.

Reactions: turtlestew

·
Registered
15 Posts
the main road that passes by the dredge pond is dow rd, the right by the cvs when coming south into carolina beach like your going to the state park. the dredge pond is right past the ball fields and skate park that are on the left after the state park and fire station. you should be able to see all of this on the map earlier in the post. im pretty sure the land on the right side of the road here and all around the dredge pond is all sunny point property, but if im mistaken and you are able to get down there, let us know. id look out for signs because if it is part of the marine terminal, you definitely dont want to be trespassing there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts