NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Re: New Guy

This drought is really hurting the freshwater/inshore for sure!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

if it werent for the constant E/ne/se wind around her keeping the water pushed in we would be dry! if it ever changes to anything not Easterly related were in trouble..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

Got just enough rain down my way today to keep the trickle going. Need a monsoon to get everything back up to full.
Did anyone notice that we have gained a couple thousand members since Jim started this thread?

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts

... but where is the sense of adventure..
A lot of my sense of adventure seems to be missing with the water. The other night I was in the big flat bowl area at Falls Lake up by the 12 mile (rollingview) area. Water around me in every direction farther than I could ever hope to swim, but I didn't cross anything that would have gotten my chest wet all the way back to the ramp - probably about a mile. Normally 10' deep is all 3' or so:(.

I guess something like this adds adventure in drought times though: Man Goes Fishing, Gets Stuck in Mud

Pretty amazing story.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
yeah jeff one of my best fishing areas is now bone dry. the good news is i can once again lay in the grass covered lake bottom and bust ducks as they fly by..got to look on the upside anyway..

zooker

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
With muzzle loader opener for eastern,, definately an advantage this weekend for deer hunting... but we do need "rain" and lot's of it... probably a hurricane or two to fill'm all back up....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.