NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Minnesott Beach last of August. Hope to net some shrimp and catch a few drum. Hope this year to have my Jon boat running to fish the river dropoffs and holes. What is in Dawson's creek or close by? Any fresh water bream in the back of the creek thought I might try my fly rod?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
..............no............... ain't no fish in Dawson Creek, its only hear say.....:rolleyes: There are some at Clubfoot Creek across the river :)

I'll be down at Dawson Creek for 4 days in mid August and again in mid Sept, will post a fishing report when I come back from each trip.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
shush all of you just shush!! :) BREAM yes you can find some nice bream way up the creek. :p

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
DBeam and I fished it Friday from our kayaks.

Nothing to report.... and that's not hiding anything. I had 2 undersize flounder. He had an undersized slam. Not a single keeper found by us.

Because I was NOT comfortable with larger waves and open water (need a lot more seat time before I can relax and fishing in any kind of swells), I let DBeam fish under the bridge to the Neuse without me, while I went the other way up stream a ways....

But Friday was not kind to either of us.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
No, I didn't see any other kayakers on Friday. Nor dolphin. And especially not any drum, slot or otherwise.

We were on water from first light to a little after noon.

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.