NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday night, my Blue Devils play Wisconsin for the NCAA title. Wisconsin took down mighty Kentucky, we crushed Michigan State, so now we face another Big Ten team we beat early in the year by ten at their place. ESPN BPI gives Wisconsin a 64% chance to win. That's ok, we've heard that song before.
We're too young.
We have no depth.
Our guards are too small.
Okafor can't shoot free throws, yada, yada!
But we are playing for the title Monday, despite all of our faults.
Win or lose, very proud of this team.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't believe kentucky lost. Were they overrated?
Not saying they were overrated, they are very talented, and very big. That being said, they dodged several bullets this year before it caught up with them. It's extremely difficult to go unbeaten, with all the parity in college ball these days. Heck, Duke lost to NC State and Miami this year, so anyone can win on a given day. And State made a good run to the Sweet 16, as did Carolina, Louisville, and Notre Dame.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Monday night, my Blue Devils play Wisconsin for the NCAA title. Wisconsin took down mighty Kentucky, we crushed Michigan State, so now we face another Big Ten team we beat early in the year by ten at their place. ESPN BPI gives Wisconsin a 64% chance to win. That's ok, we've heard that song before.
We're too young.
We have no depth.
Our guards are too small.
Okafor can't shoot free throws, yada, yada!
But we are playing for the title Monday, despite all of our faults.
Win or lose, very proud of this team.
I havent heard any negative talk towards duke all year regarding being under talented with their 4 mcdonald all americans. The only negative talk ive heard is the two assault allegations which led to the release of sulaimon.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Gonna be a good game for sure. I sure hope the loser has class unlike Kentucky.
Pretty hard to say that Kentucky doesn't have class... The 19 year old kid said something and made a mistake in the heat of the moment while his emotions were running strong. He immediately realized what happened and confessed his wrong doings and made right of it. How many trips do you make to retirement homes or children's hospitals a month visiting sick patients? I can say that those kids do far more in their community than I do in mine. They are full of class, one of them just so happened to have made a mistake. Each and every single one of us are human beings and each and every one of us make mistakes. It is how we react to those mistakes that defines our character.

Here's an article you won't see in mainstream media or being passed around social media. Things that depict just how classless Kentucky is http://www.aseaofblue.com/2015/3/12...ketball-marcus-lee-epitomizes-brothers-keeper

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Mistakes are made no question. But I don't get the double standard. I mean haven't we seen several fraternities be shut down over the same type of thing.

One way streets always lead the same way

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
No doubt, it was poor sportsmanship and if the roles were reversed and Kaminski said that to Harrison it would have been ugly. That doesn't mean he or let alone all of Kentucky lacks class. That's a poor statement. That would be like saying all of Duke or all of UNC lacks class because of the scandals that they have gone through in the last several years. He made a mistake, immediately realized it and admitted it then made right by it. That's class and speaks volumes for his character. At the young age of 19 years old, he could teach a lot of grown men how to act.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good luck to both teams and their fans tonight. I think it will be a great game. I'm a UNC grad, but I'm still happy to see championships brought back to the ACC. The triangle really represented well in the tournament this year, and that is always great to see. In regards to the Kentucky incident, it was stupid and very impulsive, but I don't think it's even close to a gauge on their class as a program. It's truly unfortunate how a few insensitive people/comments are the only things that makes the news these days and none of the good that an organization does. I thought for making a stupid mistake Harrison handled the aftermath as well as he could have. It's clear the blue blood (albeit different shades) runs deep around here with all of our respective schools.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I havent heard any negative talk towards duke all year regarding being under talented with their 4 mcdonald all americans. The only negative talk ive heard is the two assault allegations which led to the release of sulaimon.
That's all the talking heads have been saying since the tourney began! Only 8 scholarship players now. And, not ten minutes ago Jim Calhoun of UCONN said Cook and Jones at 6'2 and 6'1 will have problems with Jackson and the other guard (cannot recall the name). And Okafor's pitiful ft shooting is legenday..lol
One guy said he expects Wisconsin to win, and I quote, "Both are talented teams , but Wiscy has more experience, and better basketball IQ".
Where were all these "basketball smarts" back in December??

Regardless of who wins, I am proud of this Duke team, they've had a great season.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Great game. Congrats to Duke and their fans.
Sorry to see Coach Bo being such an ungracious loser whining about contact and one and done players. Guess that's the way it is when you get beat by a bunch of freshmen.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gotta couple of Big Ten fans at work, giving us grief about them winning the Challenge this year. Duke has the best record of any school in the challenge (only lost twice) and beat Wisconsin twice, Michigan State twice this year alone.
Duke loves playing Big Ten schools.
The ACC and the Big Ten have met now ten times in the NCAA Finals.
The score? ACC 9, Big Ten 1. Only UNC lost, in 1981, and they have two titles against Big Ten schools.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.