NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few weeks of not-so-patient waiting, we were finally able to go back to the small farm pond!! It started off a little slow. We were fishing with yamamoto senkos, and we really weren't having the best of luck. Then my oldest got the first bite on another senko that was salted and some scent on it.
Water Smile Sky Plant Fish

Not a very big largemouth, but he casted, retrieved, and landed it all by himself!!

From that point on the fish started to bite, and for the next 1.5 - 2.0 hours we worked our way around the pond. All the bass we caught today were on the smaller side. Some may have been a pound and a half, but most were around a pound. This time I brought a little light weight fast action rod with me, and I had a ball. Those little bass feel like you have something on such a small rod!
Water Hand Plant Gesture Lake

By the end of our morning expedition I ended with about 11 largemouth, Kevin caught 5, Lucas caught 3, and Kaleb caught 5. Tim caught the most with 14, every time I looked over he was taking another one off his hook. It looked like he was using some type of tadpole soft plastic, but he wouldn't tell me exactly what he was using ... I might have to go sneak through his tackle bag one day!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely ruined!! I'll have to be carefully how many times I take them out there. Hopefully they don't get the idea that fishing is always that easy!!

Reactions: 07_hemi_thunderroad
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.