NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The place we are renting in Emerald Isle doesn't have a fish cleaning station. Is there a public ramp or beach access in the area with a cleaning station I can use?

I cleaned two upper slot drum on the kitchen counter a month ago- don't want to repeat that experience.

I could always pay for a pier pass, but that leads to my second question. If I have two drum in my possession (caught on two separate days- I obey the rules), and I take them to a public facility for cleaning, could I get a ticket ?

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
no way to prove when those fish were caught, so yes you would possibly get fined and lose the fish. I would take a piece of cardboard , plywood or a cheap cutting board and clean them on the beach, leave the heads on. Gut and scale/skin. Then when you get home all you have to do is either de head of fillet. Trash goes in parking area can , guts go in ocean..

Reactions: BigE818

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Just remember don't remove the head, and keep the carcass, until you are back on private property.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Just take a fish cleaning board and fillet knife. Take three minutes to fillet and skin each fish.
This is the easy way without trying to figure out out methods. I keep a small piece of plywood in my truck, also a old lid off of a cooler. Its a quick fillet job and put the discards in a plastic bag and into the trash. A bucket of water to rise things off and you are set.

This can be done most anywhere, tailgate, top of cooler on back porch, remember to Keep It Simple.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
If I have two drum in my possession (caught on two separate days- I obey the rules), and I take them to a public facility for cleaning, could I get a ticket ?
Yes you could and would end up getting a ticket. The daily creek on drum is one. The possession limit is also one. With other species such as flounder and specks the possession limit is double the daily limit. Not so with drum.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
This is the easy way without trying to figure out out methods. I keep a small piece of plywood in my truck, also a old lid off of a cooler. Its a quick fillet job and put the discards in a plastic bag and into the trash. A bucket of water to rise things off and you are set.

This can be done most anywhere, tailgate, top of cooler on back porch, remember to Keep It Simple.
This is what I do when I'm on the road/camping. Works out great. I keep a fillet knife, ziplock bags and trash bags under the back seat of my truck ready for use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.