NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I fished most of the day on Saturday using freshly netted finger mullets on mullet rigs. Lost count of the bluefish (and the beers), but the wife caught two slot reds and a pelican :eek:. The reds were 24.5 and 22.5, both released to be caught again. The pelican was a mess, but with the use of my shirt over its head and a beach chair to hold it down, I was able to cut it free and remove the hook from his wing. He flew off which I took to be a sign that he wasn't seriously injured.

Speaking of serious injuries, I nearly inflected multiple on some dang tourists who, despite having absolutely no one for 500 yds. to their left, decided to set up camp 20 feet from where we had been fishing for the previous four hours. Of course the current kept bringing the kids and an adult right into our lines. In fact, it was one of the kids who kept telling the group to get back. Generally, I hold my ground and give the irresponsible adults the "stink eye" until they clue in as to what is going on, but these people were relentless. After an hour, my wife had enough and moved down the beach 50 yds or so. I followed a few minutes later, but not before catching the attention of the adults in the group and asking them whether they understood what was at the end of the fishing lines and if they knew where the urgent care was that would take the hook out of thier child's foot. The response was, "yeah, sorry" followed by throwing their hands up as if they didn't know what could be done about the situation. With the kids out of sight in the water, I mouthed to the adults a few phrases that started with an "f" and ended with "idiot." Feeling a little bit better about having to relinquish a nice slough, I rejoined my previously scheduled activity of beer and fishing. Even stopped the aforementioned tourists' innertube from blowing down the beach a few times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.