NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linked up with Mark (Pier Dweller) and his son Dusty after work yesterday with the intent on doing some flounder and drum fishing. I was even going to take them to my honey hole for a shot at some nice drum. But Mother Nature had other ideas.

A big line of heavy thunderstorms rolled in just south of us forcing us to stay close to the dock to wait and see if they headed toward us. They did, not the worst of them but still had to pull the boat out of the water. In the meantime, Dusty did manage to hook-up with one baby grouper which put a smile on his face. Sorry - didn't get a picture, was too busy watching them clouds.

It was nice meeting you, Mark and Dusty. I hope we can link up again and have better weather next time!

That's a super fine looking and feeling custom stick you made! I was very impressed, too bad I only got to cast it once. Look forward to trying it again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mike.

Thanks for the invite. Nice of you to have Dustin and I down, and it was definately a pleasure on this end too. We all know the weather can change things in a minute, but, we'll do it again. Thanks for the jigs, I caught my King Bait for the day Thursday on one of them, while the other guys were getting their Mullet minnows picked off the hook!! Did have one nice Spanish "Flash" at it, but there just weren't many around. Also, the most suprising thing about Thursday, was, after I talked to you, I had, what I thought to be a "Gar" come up at the jig, but when he rolled at it, his Dorsal Fin popped up, and, it was a small Sailfish!!! About 2 1/2 ft long.
Also, there was a King caught by 9 year old Garrison Lore. Garrison is my best friends son. I, and a couple of other King fishermen, look after the little guy, while Dad works the pierhouse. I threw his achor rod out, another guy furnished the leader and release, I set him a bait out close to the left corner, turned around to get my plugging rod, and his reel went to screaming!! A 15 pounder. That young man was tickled to death.
Here's a couple of pics of Adolfo helping Garrison with the big stick, The King, and my son Dustin, with a nice Spanish

Attachments

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow - that must have been cool seeing that sailfish. You might want to check out a previous post by Sinkerman called "once in a life time". It would have been "reel" cool if it had hit that jig - me and you could have sold a thousand of them...lol

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah - I got the same email. That young man must be walking on cloud nine about now! His first and second kins EVER all the same week.

Hey guys - if you are thinking about king fishing off a pier - this is a good week to try it. The Kings are "on the beach". A little late but they are here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.