NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am new to the Elizabeth City area, and Pasquotank River. I have fished the striper run on the Roanoke every spriing for the last 10 years, but never anywhere else. Locals are teling me that the river(pasquotank) has high salinity content now. What to do? I spent the last 3 years in Myrtle Bach, fishing Murrells Inlet, Waccamaw River, Santee Cooper Lakes, etc. Salt, fresh, or in between, I gott go fishing! I am close to the Weeksville access @ Sawmill Park. Any suggestions?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I havent fished up that way yet, but here in Washington NC we have the similar river situaton. The Pamlico/Tar is brackish in this area and the salinity changes drastically with wind direction and downflow from the Tar river when rains are heavy inland. Best thig is to check the local baitshops and see what others are catching. Red Drum,Speckled trout, Stripers, Flounder have been pretty good here this year and you can go upriver a short ways and catch LM Bass, Crappie, etc. Just depends on the weather and can change rapidly. I've pulled Crappie, Trout, Flounder, LM bass, Catfish out of the same 1/2 mile stretch in one day last fall....
I dont know your area but it may be realtive.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.