NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I are spending 3 days on Emerald isle the first week of June, no boat or 4x4. We are hoping to do some flounder fishing and possibly catch something bigger but not shark. I have been all over google earth trying to determine areas we can reach with our limited transportation and most of it looks private access or unreachable. We will likely try the pier one day, but want to find some decent spots to soak in the surf also. Neither of us have been to the isle before, so any information I can get before we arrive will give us more fishing time and less asking time. Any tips for us would be appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks riverpirate! I am guessing there is no roadside parking and you use the lot at the end of the road. Is night time parking allowed? Not overnight, just while you fish.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
No parking along the road and the park closes at 8 if I'm not mistaken. The gate closes when the park closes. You can walk down the road to access the rock jetty though. Drop off a friend and your gear and go park and walk down to meet him. It's not far

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
To the left of B.I. pier.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info trigger22. I found the gate on google. Seems like the jetty is pretty much inaccessible at night once the gate is shut or you have a long hike to/from. We are going to try and pack as much fishing in as weather/tides and the law allow since we only get to the beach a few times a year.

catmaster, why do you say to the left? With the ocean current wouldnt the pier be chumming the beach to the right (south) and the scent trail flowing south, it seems like a person would intercept some fishes headed towards the pier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts