NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Sunday a buddy and I went to the point in Emerald Isle to check if there were any fish around still. It had rained most of the morning, it was cold, and I wasn't expecting to catch much if anything at all. But boy was I wrong. I already wrote the story once, So I'll post a link to the story/fishing report complete with a video of me reeling one of the first ones in. Check it out.

Emerald Isle Fishing report

Hope you all enjoy. I think I'm going to try it again this weekend too. I'll let you know ow it goes.

Tightlines until then,
Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think we're going to give it a go this weekend too. It's supposed to stay kind of cold here until Saturday, but then warm a bit on Sunday. I hope they're still hanging out there. I'll have more pics and stories for y'all if i catch some.

Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
This weekend? Sounds like a good idea......

...I'm going to try and make it out there on Saturday or Sunday too. They've been catching some nice fish just outside the inlet as well. Good luck and let us know what you catch.
Got any idea if the schools of reds I keep hearing about are still outside the inlet in front of Bear Island? How long do you think they will be there, if they are still there. thanks for any info, want to try this weekend.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Got any idea if the schools of reds I keep hearing about are still outside the inlet in front of Bear Island? How long do you think they will be there, if they are still there. thanks for any info, want to try this weekend.
Man that's any body's guess. There's no way to know but to go. There is also a front and a storm moving through tonight.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
keel deal,
According to the fishing reports on the several forums I belong to including this one ...trout are biting from Morehead to Wilmywood. Reds are prevalent with some large schools between Riches and Wilmywood but are not always biting. It seems the individuals and some schools of 3-6 fish are biting better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.