NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met johnathan Creason today for some Smallie action up on the Yadkin. On the water fishing by about 9:30 am. Slight stain and warming water tied on the pumpkin speedcraw. Put us on the board with the first scrapper...

Whacked a couple more that were clones of this one. I think between the two of us at 1 pm we had 3 each. I had to jam but johnathan continued to fish.

Met another great member and already have another trip in the talks. Hopefully he will chime in with his pics.

Gene - RED >X< - Asheboro

·
Registered
529 Posts
It was a pleasure sharing the river with you, Gene. I'm looking forward to another trip already. For those that want to target smallies now some sort of green crawfish imitation, fished in the current breaks was the key for us. All 6 fish came from fishing that sort of pattern.

After Gene left I moved upstream a ways to try some different water, but I never got another bite. Things seemed to shut off around noon. No big deal, we had a lot of fun in a few hours there.

And my best fish of the day

I got a good look at one that was significantly bigger than this one. My fly got hung up in some vegetation right on the edge of a pool. I couldn't shake it loose, so I started working upstream to retrieve it and right as I got to it the biggun comes rocketing out of the pool and takes a swipe at it. It spotted me at the same time and disappeared, but I know where he lives and I'll be back to find him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.