NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Sorry to post in so long and then start out with a question, but here goes.

Buying a new/used Johnson 200hp 1998 engine for the boat. Dealer will hang and setup same. I want to pull at house the current 1989 Evinrude 175 VRO and sell. The last engine I pulled was 1998 Force 90hp and used a special tool. Of course will not fit the E 175, what tool do I need besides just rigging some lifting straps.

Thanks in advance.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
never heard of a special tool, but never worked on one that big either. I always had 4 bolts and some cables and off it came..

Reactions: Fire Shark

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sundrop,

Thanks for the reply, per our PM I have the lifting part fixed as I have pulled/lifted larger things in past. I was refering to the specical tools.
However I do really thankyou for your input.
Thanks again,
Joe

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For future ref. 3 7/16" fine thread bolts and washers, three short pcs. of chain and one quick link and you have a engine puller for V6 evinrudes.
Just screw them into the fly wheel. and hook to your lift.
Sundrop thanks again for your input.

Reactions: Jeffonc

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good info!! I hope to need to know someday!! That would mean I have a bigger boat!!! Oh, wait, that would mean I have engine trouble too..LOL!! uh, Nevermind.....:D

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
For future ref. 3 7/16" fine thread bolts and washers, three short pcs. of chain and one quick link and you have a engine puller for V6 evinrudes.
Just screw them into the fly wheel. and hook to your lift.
Sounds like I need to hand around a few more outboard shops. I'm trying to picture a 200HP engine hung by three bolts in its flywheel. It sounds cool and is something I think I'd like to watch, but maybe not something I'd want to do-it-myself, or at least not to my own engine. Maybe Sundrop's!:) Call me when you want to try it 'drop...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.