NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is coming soon... sure deer season will help some of us keep our sanity, and duck season after that. But the long boring months of winter will come for us all. Endless days of salty fishermen at eachothers throats on ncangler because they can't feel the soothing tug of a catfish or the sudden yank of a bass. The web will be ruled by those photoshop skilled so called trout fishermen who would have us believe that speckled trout, not only exist, but bite all winter. So once again I warn you: enjoy your memes and playful salt life banter... but winter is coming for us all...

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I catch fish. It can't be expected to catch more than in the warmer months though. I think it makes you more productive when warmer months come since you've labored through the colder months just to catch fish. Mountain trout bite well through colder months. Anything will bite just not as aggressively. Catfish bite great in colder months a lot of times.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Winter fishing can be good if we get a few days of warm weather. That being said, I agree the winter (especially Jan-March) can be slow at times. I usually lose my beer weight from summer in winter because I end up going to the gym more to kill the cabin fever. There will definitely be some good threads coming this winter though. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the winter fishing but def change locations to closer to the beach. Trout and reds can be had all year long. A few days of warming weather I will take off work if I can to go. No photoshop here. I don't even know how to photoshop
Best day of inshore fishing I ever had was with NCPierman in early march. It was 31 degrees, windier then I've ever seen it and raining the whole time. He still agreed to take us out because we had such bad cabin fever we NEEDED to fish. He found a school of drum in a hole and between me and my brother we caught 21 slot drum on artificial bait in less then five hours. That being said, I don't have my own inshore kayak and I have far to many memories of sitting on the beach for hours in the bitter cold on days when even the game warden laughed at us and said he wasn't going to check our cooler because there weren't any fish being caught. Cabin fever makes us crazy and I definitely plan on making a few more desperate surf trips this winter.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The big cats bite in winter. As long as that water temps stays mid 40s or better never give up! Fish still have to eat its just more work to feed them!

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Winter is my favorite time to fish. Why? Because once the air temps drop below 40, a lot of people stay home. Schools of drum with over 1000 fish in 18 inches of gin clear water and big speckled trout. Along with them the crappie in my area move shallow and the striped bass are thick on the ledges up river. I've never understood what it meant to winterize a boat.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Winter is my favorite time to fish. Why? Because once the air temps drop below 40, a lot of people stay home. Schools of drum with over 1000 fish in 18 inches of gin clear water and big speckled trout. Along with them the crappie in my area move shallow and the striped bass are thick on the ledges up river. I've never understood what it meant to winterize a boat.
Life gets so much easier when you own a boat and live near the beach! :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.