NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll. I've heard word of Shad making it as far as the Eno. Is this so? Is the fishing good? I'd much rather put my Kayak in up there than down in the Neuse around 64.

Any particularly good spots in the Eno for kayak fishing in general? I've got spring fever here and am up for catching anything that swims!

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Howdy, Lee, Welcome aboard!
Jeffo, Wales, and I launched from the Red Mill Rd ramp back in February and paddled down to where the river kinda opens up on the left, shortly before the first set of power lines. Lots of boats working the river over there -- we worked our way into the marshy-lake-y area there on the left. Wales caught a bucket of crappie and Jeffo caught the one on his forum picture here (14").

All I accomplished was losing my anchor. And spending a morning not working. :D

I too have heard that the shad could be expected somewhere in the Eno, but I couldn't give ya any specifics. Hopefully someone will help ya out.

In the meantime, whereabouts do you paddle? I'm growing kinda fond of the Weaver Creek area at Jordan (no-motor zone). There's getting to be quite a little crowd of yak-fishers here on NCAngler.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lefty, Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to check out the Eno this Friday. I'll let y'all know if I get hold of anything work photographing.

I've been fishing mainly (via Kayak) in Beaver Dam over at Falls. Granted I haven't had much luck, but hopefully that'll change in the next few weeks. I've been meaning to check out Jordan. I didn't even know it had a "no motor boat" section...

Lee

Howdy, Lee, Welcome aboard!
Jeffo, Wales, and I launched from the Red Mill Rd ramp back in February and paddled down to where the river kinda opens up on the left, shortly before the first set of power lines. Lots of boats working the river over there -- we worked our way into the marshy-lake-y area there on the left. Wales caught a bucket of crappie and Jeffo caught the one on his forum picture here (14").

All I accomplished was losing my anchor. And spending a morning not working. :D

I too have heard that the shad could be expected somewhere in the Eno, but I couldn't give ya any specifics. Hopefully someone will help ya out.

In the meantime, whereabouts do you paddle? I'm growing kinda fond of the Weaver Creek area at Jordan (no-motor zone). There's getting to be quite a little crowd of yak-fishers here on NCAngler.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.