NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Red X Angler
2,479 Posts
Well, ive been known to join the spot coalition and from my experience:eek: it depends on the safety of it. Ive seen them staggered all over the place not in perfect straight lines and from jon boats to big boats, so I don't want to swamp the smaller boats, so it depends on your judgement... I idle through, but that's just me...

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
My brother is a delivery skipper. This subject starts a rant with him about the purpose of the ICW. There is almost always a small boat or few anchored near by. It would take a really long time to idle from VA to Ft Lauderdale.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I got no issue with someone blowing by on the ICW at cruse, even if they're throwing three footers. The ditch is intended for travel. The folks who decide to anchor are taking that risk by their own choice. If you're running mid-channel and can't pass a safe distance away it's because they anchored in the wrong place. Of course you should slow down to avoid injuring someone, but as far as etiquette goes you are in the right when you maintain speed.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I got no issue with someone blowing by on the ICW at cruse, even if they're throwing three footers. The ditch is intended for travel. The folks who decide to anchor are taking that risk by their own choice. If you're running mid-channel and can't pass a safe distance away it's because they anchored in the wrong place. Of course you should slow down to avoid injuring someone, but as far as etiquette goes you are in the right when you maintain speed.
Well said and I couldn't have said it better myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.